We want to be thoughtful when we pick out a gift for the amazing women in our lives. What we don’t want to do is add toxins in her life with the gifts we choose.
The good news is I’ve got you covered with my non toxic gift guide for mom. Doesn’t matter if your searching for mother’s day, valentines day, birthdays or Christmas, these non toxic gifts will work for all occasions.
Why Get Mom a Non Toxic Gift?
We Live in a Toxic Environment
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), more than 200 high-volume synthetic chemicals can be found in the bodies of nearly all Americans, including newborn infants.
Many people believe that very small amounts of chemicals are incapable of doing much harm. However, a lot of people are exposed to well over 100+ toxic chemicals every day!
- The food you eat
- The skincare products you use
- Cleaning supplies
- Your clothing and laundry detergent : Toxins in Laundry Detergent: Finding a Safe and Healthy Alternative
- Food storage and kitchen cookware
- Air pollution
Over time these exposures add up and symptoms can include
- Brain Fog
- Sleep Issues
- Chronic Inflammation
How Hidden Toxins are Sabotaging Your Health
Often whats safest for humans is safer for the planet as well. Non toxic gifts can be Eco-friendly so you can be kind to your mom and the planet.
The Benefits of Organic
When it comes to food, there are plenty of reasons to go for organic.
- Benefits of Organic
- More nutrients
- Better Taste
- No Poisonous Pesticides
- Environment and Animal Welfare standards
This post may contain affiliate links, you can read my affiliate disclosure here.
Here are some unique ideas for a non toxic gift for your mom, wife, sister or friend.
Non toxic Gift Guide for Mom Ideas
Does she love chocolate? Chocolate makes a great gift.
Dark Chocolate without the excessive sugar and dairy can be good for you! It contains heart-healthy nutrients and gives us a serotonin boost.
The Sweet Deception of a Chocolate Bar + The Best Fair Trade Chocolate Brands
- Unrefined, stone ground chocolate.
- Flavors include: Cacao Puro, Chipotle Chili, Cinnamon, Coffee, Guajillo Chili, 85% Super Dark, Salted Almond, and Vanilla
- Some organic hot cocoa – because sometimes a cup of hot chocolate can make your day!
- Organic Tea
- Blended with only 100 percent real fruits, flowers, and spices.
- A wide range of moods and flavors.
Cotton, Cashmere, Chemicals – What Really Goes Into Making Your Clothes?
- An estimated 8,000 chemicals are in the manufacturing processes.
- This makes your clothes another common source of poisons. Which we wear 24/7!
- The environmental impact both during production and at home during washing is significant.
- Quality & nontoxic PJS
- Made in the USA
- 100% Certified Organic Cotton
- Absorbent and plush long bathrobe
- GOTS (Global Organic Textile Standard) Certified
Time Out for Busy Moms
Books – does she like to read? How about a kindle giftcard. Or if you prefer find some physical books in her favorite genre.
Movie Gift Cards – moms need a break sometimes, a few hours to catch the latest movie may be just the break needed.
Restaurant Gift Cards – a great idea for mom and data to get out for a night.
Coupons for a homemade dinner, babysitting etc…
Personalized Gift Ideas
One of the best gifts is something that mom can use or see all the time, and that will trigger a fun memory or thought.
I love all the things you you can create on shutterfly.
Here are some ideas:
- Water bottles
- Coffee Mugs
- Photo collages
- and much more…
Bottled Water vs Tap Water. Why Neither is a Good Choice
Non Toxic Gifts for Mom
In the end it’s up to you. Find the perfect idea with my non toxic gift guide for mom.
Be creative, be thoughtful and at the same time safe and loving.
Mom’s are wonderful, they deserve the best for their health, and it doesn’t hurt to be planet friendly at the same time.